Advice, tutorials and tips
In the Art Resources section, you can find useful tips and theory for painting and sketching. The articles are short and easy to follow. Hopefully, these will be a good starting point for further developing your technique and understanding.
Finding inspiration and managing art
- Making Art Progress, not Art Products
- Why going to the gallery makes you a better artist
- Feeling pressure for making art? Just get f*cking over it!
- Useful advice and checklist for improving your art in 2019
Selling and promoting art
- Tools, hashtags and technical tips for developing your Instagram Art account
- 5+1 Basic principles for a successful Instagram Art account
- Tips for writing an Art Blog that people love
- Key reasons to start an art blog
Fundamentals of sketching
- Perspective – Try a different angle
- Perspective – Horizon, the big hoover
- Perspective – What are you looking at…?
- Perspective – The basics
- Let’s make a plan
Fundamentals of painting
- Colour Theory – Exercise 1
- Colour Theory – Tints, Shades and Tones
- Colour Theory – Shapes
- Colour Theory – Complementary colours
- Colour Theory – Basics